today in my new Second Life on Help Island
today, as i was living my new Second Life + working on my Second Life Sky Studies on Help Island, i experienced a few endearing moments...
00. this 1rst moment is'nt so much endearing as just aweSum: i put on a metal-cyber-dragon-armor w/a jetpack that i found in the Freebies on Help Island
01. i encountered a collection of artworks on exhibit in the "demo area" which represented multiple galleries in SL. i found my self standing in front of piece trying to decide how to feel about it + how to emote that feeling. i felt alone so i practiced a few different responses to the work using Gestures. i think Muscle was the most accurate in communicating how i was feeling
02. i wasn't alone in the "demo area" while i was in the SL art exhibit, another noob was there + he asked me how to get his hair back b/c he had detached it from his head :)
03. i saw a UFO in the sky while filming my Second Life Sky Studies. i think it was the other noob's hair. it had grown to a terrible monstrous size once he had detached it + it seemed to have a will of it's own. but i could be projecting, these are all fantasy machines anyways right?
04. i was about to click the link to leave Help Island when the advice that 01 cannot return to Help Island sank in a little too close for comfort so i didn't click it. instead i went for a walk + found this nice place to sit + look@ the sky underneath a single weeping willow. earlier in the day i had been on a RL walk thinking about weeping willows so it was heartwarming to encounter 01 in SL. also the view from there was great + i was able to film more Second Life Sky Studies before leaving
05. on leaving Help Island i stood in SL in front of a "Willkommen" sign as i sat in RL in Linz, Austria
06. after i left i also encountered another SL art exhibition. this exhibition was the work of Cae Sands which are soft landscapes + abstractions that seem to follow natural forms. i felt like this was a good indicator that i am on an appropriate path w/my Second Life Sky Studies as they are also SL-specific (abstracted) landscapes (skyscapes) albeit in a different direction that Cae Sands' style of SL-specific art
(Film, Video and New Media department at The School of The Art Institute of Chicago; New Media Art Histories; Art Games + Independent Gaming Cultures; Open Source, Artware + early Video Art; Computer Witchcraft + Majikal Media Art)